Sunday 5 August 2012

AFRICA FASHION WEEK 2012 | LONDON

So my friend Lou invited me to this event a couple of weeks ago and I nonchalantly said yes. I love love love fashion and adore most things Africa inspired but Ive been to enough fashion design events to know that sometimes they aren't properly run, the designs are mediocre at best, and a waste of my time in summary!


I was pleasantly surprised today.


Most of the designers I saw were very talented, you could tell they knew their craft and a lot of blood, sweat and tears had gone into each outfit. I saw some designs that made a lot of people gasp in the 'what-planet-are-you-from-passing-this-off-as-COUTURE!' type of way but hey, to be expected right?

Now for some of my favourites!

(all images are my copyright - please do not copy without reference - I am a lawyer lol!)

I was enthralled with the alice in wonderland/mad hatter vibe that I got from The House of Adjeiwaah
Photobucket

Trish O Couture got me with how wearable almost every piece was!

Photobucket

Particularly loved this piece

Photobucket

Adaora's- love the name of the line! I also liked that she incorporated non 'traditional' fabrics like velvet into her designs. It gave a nice gothic touch in my view.

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Lyze hats
Photobucket

This was my favourite - perfect for Ascot!
Photobucket

really liked this one too
Photobucket

Ozora gave me elegance! I would love to wear the red dress highlighted but...boobies! lol

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket


Lily Alfonso
Photobucket

KEVE
Photobucket

DA VIVA
Photobucket
Photobucket
Yutee

Not too sure about this one to be honest
Photobucket

Loved the calypso feel of this!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Afro Fanatic was...interesting - watch the video to get some giggles from one of the models!

Photobucket



For more information on Africa Fashion week or the designers, check out http://www.africafashionweeklondon.com/

xoxo

Labels: , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 5 August 2012 at 21:14 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've watched your youtube videos for a while but i didn't know you had a blog. I love all your pictures, especially the ones from the african fashion show :) x

 
At 6 August 2012 at 09:42 , Blogger Bili said...

Hi there.

Please I was one of the models at the show. LOVE your pics and video. Was wondering if I could get a copy of the photos for my portfolio?..

Thanks :-)
Bili Sule

 
At 8 August 2012 at 02:03 , Blogger AllisBelle said...

Hi Bili, sure send me your email addess and I'll send you them seeing as you asked so nicely :), which one of the models are you so I know who to pick?

 
At 8 August 2012 at 02:04 , Blogger AllisBelle said...

Hi ya! Thanks for watching! I had a blog for ages but never really updated it, so trying to do that more often now :) xx

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

AllisBelle - A Fashion, Beauty and Lifestyle Blog: AFRICA FASHION WEEK 2012 | LONDON

This page has moved to a new address.

AFRICA FASHION WEEK 2012 | LONDON