Sunday 8 September 2013

My first week in Dubai!

Burj Khalifa, Travel Blog I made it guys! I've been in Dubai for just over a week and I've been up to soooo many things so this is just a summary post! It's a gorgeous city and there is so much to do! So in my first week, I visited the Souk al Bahar. There is a full post to come on this as it is one of my favorite places so far.It is also where the Dubai mall and the beautiful synchronised fountains are. My dress was a bit risqué but no one really cared, as long as you look balanced (ie not showing too much skin) you'll be alright. souk al bahar, dubai mall, rihanna for river island maxi dress, Messing around dubai outfit, the address dubai I feel like every time I go to the Souk, I discover something new, I cant wait to stock up on these beauties! dub 4 The tallest building in the world, the Burj Khalifa is also in full view from the Souk. Burj Khalifa, Dubai Mall, Travel Blog I found Topshop and Zara on my first day haha! There are so many high street brands here that I might as well be on oxford street. 97bd4cc8119a11e393a222000a1fb70a_7 The Arab ladies usually have flawless makeup and have inspired me to put a little bit more effort into my makeup. Ive been chronicling my makeup looks via instagram selfies haha. 4 Very randomly, I also headed to the fish souk. It is listed as one of Dubai's tourist destinations - its one of the most authentic things to do as you get to mingle with the local fishermen and grab a bargain on fresh fish. The trip is meant to give you an insight into the traditional fishing communities while grabbing a bargain on an array of fresh fish. It certainly was an interesting experience, I left with delicious fish and a banging headache! You have to be prepared to haggle and I ended up overwhelmed! Sticking to waitrose next time haha Dubai Fish Souk I spent the first three days on my own, until my friend came into town and we ended up at Reem Al Bawadi, one of the best places to get sheesha in downtown dubai. I loved the ambience of the place, good food too, but I'd go more for the atmosphere. restaurants in dubai I've been doing a LOT of eating here but so far the most indulgent meal I have had is brunch at Nobu restaurant in the Atlantis Hotel - again, a seperate restaurant review will follow, but lets just say, thats the most I've ever eaten in my life!nobu restaurant dubai, food blog, On one of my alone days I ended up at Jumeriah Beach walk. This is a very nice strip for people watching.. can you believe dubai police cars are BMWs?! 1 I talk more about my first week and my horrendous flight experience in this vlog.. enjoy!

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At 8 September 2013 at 18:44 , Blogger Unknown said...

These photos are amazing! Omg, that sushi looked so fresh!! Glad you're enjoying yourself thus far! Looking forward to more pics. :)

xoxo,
Maya| Petite & Unique

 
At 12 September 2013 at 00:29 , Blogger Lalouuula said...

Woooow that amazing place!! I like so much your photos!!
Enjoy!!

xx
L.
www.lalouuula.com

 
At 13 September 2013 at 21:10 , Blogger tanaka said...

Dubai looks amazing.nice pics.

Tanaka x
www.tanaka.blogspot.co.uk

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

AllisBelle - A Fashion, Beauty and Lifestyle Blog: My first week in Dubai!

This page has moved to a new address.

My first week in Dubai!