Sunday 24 November 2013

Thailand Diary: The Reclining Buddha


Reclining Buddha, Bangkok, thailand, travel blog The Reclining Buddha, or the 'Chilling Buddha' as my friends and I renamed him, is pretty impressive!


IMG_9186

Located in the temple of Wat Pho opposite the grand palace, it was the second big buddha we saw in Bangkok. The temple housing the buddha was surrounded by beautiful and ornate sculptures so there was just as much to see outside the temple as there was inside!
IMG_9211 IMG_9158 IMG_9172 IMG_9171
Just like my previous post on the Golden Buddha, when we stepped into the temple, there were mini buddhas everywhere!
IMG_9194IMG_9199
Despite the little Buddhas everywhere, you could not avoid the reclining buddha as he was spread from one end of the room to the other, making it nearly impossible to take a full length picture!
IMG_9176
Old paintings lined the wall of the room showing monks listening to the Buddha impart his teachings...
IMG_9180
Trying to recline myself! hehe
IMG_9181
The rest of the temple!
IMG_9179 IMG_9191 IMG_9229 IMG_9223
IMG_9207 IMG_9205
Let me know if you are enjoying these travel posts! I love reliving my holidays through these blog posts :-)

Check out my previous Thailand Diary entry too - http://allisbelle.blogspot.ae/2013/11/thailand-diary-buddhas-in-bangkok.html

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

AllisBelle - A Fashion, Beauty and Lifestyle Blog: Thailand Diary: The Reclining Buddha

This page has moved to a new address.

Thailand Diary: The Reclining Buddha