Wednesday 3 July 2013

Model Love: Malaika Firth - The New Face of Prada

 photo malaika-firth-tank-magazine_zps885e1290.jpg 
I was reading Grazia and noticed a post about Prada's latest model, a gorgeous British and Kenyan Model called Malaika Firth. Incredibly, she is the first black model cast by Prada since Naomi Campbell in 1994. This little fact made me very ecstatic for Malaika, it is an incredible feat for the 19 year old who has previously worked with brands like Asos (I knew I recognised that face!). 

 photo o-MALAIKA-facebook_zpsb27b2c05.jpg
Malaika's achievement also made me realise that I can't wait for the era when it becomes more common place to see more black faces, and indeed more women of 'color' front the campaigns of more high end brands. I hope I don't have too long to wait!
   photo MAlaika232_zpsc5d60baf.jpg photo o-MALAIKA-570_zpsc4f7aa99.jpg  photo Malaika-Firth-Roller-Coaster-Magazine-5_zps3d2870ee.jpeg  photo mala3_zps636975bf.jpg  photo 056_zps43e0cebd.jpg

I love Malaika's look, although she looks incredibly cute, she still manages to have that edge that is a recognisable trait of the top models. She also seems quite down to earth as this interview with I-D reveals. Plus, I always have love for a fellow African doing well and can't wait to see what the future holds for her!

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 4 July 2013 at 02:13 , Blogger Unknown said...

Oh she is absolutely beautiful.....
xxxAfeeyahxxx


New post ~ http://smilerrr.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/review-wei-black-soy-instant-lifting.html

 
At 4 July 2013 at 15:37 , Blogger Hannah Hawkshaw said...

She is absolutely stunning! She deserves this opportunity - Can't wait to see more of her work! I predict she's going to be the next big thing in the modelling industry :) I love your blog - you've gained a new follower :)

Would love if you took a look at my blog, there's a new post up and I'd absolutely love to know your thoughts! :)

Hannah x

hannahsfashionblog.com

 
At 7 July 2013 at 02:09 , Blogger Unknown said...

She is stunning !
was about to blog about her !!

http://afrogenik.blogspot.co.uk/

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

AllisBelle - A Fashion, Beauty and Lifestyle Blog: Model Love: Malaika Firth - The New Face of Prada

This page has moved to a new address.

Model Love: Malaika Firth - The New Face of Prada